All racing cars and GTs of the years up to 1971 (periods E, F and G) and up to 1981 (periods H and I), as well as “Young Timer” until 2001, are entitled to participate. The Historic Formula, the BMW 325 Challenge and the Classica Trophy Round round off the program of the Histo Cup.
Cars like Austin Mini Cooper S, Fiat Abarth, Ford Escort, Ford Capri, Ford Lotus Cortina, Alfa Romeo GTA, Alfasud Sprint, BMW 2002, the first BMW 320-4 and 3.0 CSL, Buckel “-Volvo P 544, Porsche 914 and 911, Austin Healey, Lotus Elan, MGA and MGB, etc., are competing in six classes for the coveted “Golden Pineapple” – a moving cup of real gold!
This series is characterized by its clear positioning:
- 16 circuit races on 8 weekends per racing season for historical touring cars and GTs up to 1981/2001
- simple class classification and fair grading system
- high degree of safety through the modern racing circuits
- honest sports, friendship and ambience are at the forefront
- professional management and media support
The offer, the good organization and the marketing motivate many drivers to participate in the “Histo-Cup Austria”. At the big events at the Red Bull Ring and the Salzburgring approximately 300 participants are active.